Keeping Healthy During The Summertime.


So as you all may know it's the summer and one thing I struggle with the most during the summer is exercise. I tend to become lazier than usual, not wanting to get out of my bed early in the morning to go and do an early morning run has been my latest battle. I find it extremely hard to want to leave my warm, soft, plush sheets. Just thinking about makes me want to climb into bed and take a long nap. Hmmm.

Anyway, I love running whether it's outside or on the treadmill on a rainy day I just love to do it. However recently I have not done so much of it. And that's perfectly fine but now I have decided to get back into it. I love to push myself when trying new things, to break bad habits or to make good new ones.

Of course some of you reading this may not be runners or even interested in running but may be interested in some tips for keeping fit over the summer, so I have decided to help you out and give you a few of my tips that I plan to starting using. I have done a bit of research and here are a few things I have come up with....

*I am in no way a professional on health or fitness or a professional trainer in anyway shape or form and I don't claim to be one. The tips that I list below are solely from my opinions, research, and experiences*

Tips
1. If you don't do this already try including fruit somewhere in your breakfasts. Whether it's on top of your cereal, yogurt, toast, or in a breakfast smoothie.
2. If you like to watch television then during the ads try doing some crunches, push-ups, jumping jacks, lunges, ect....
3. Drink water! Drinking water is very healthy for your skin and for your overall being. Also if you're ever feeling hungry try drinking some water before you go to get a snack or anything like that. I have found this to be very helpful. Sometimes I feel hungry but all I've needed is a good drink of water to fill me up.
4. Sign up for sports camps. I have found that when you join any kind of club or camp over the summer it's a good outlet for making new friends as well as keeping in shape and having a good time.
5.  Try going on walks. Getting outside when the weather is nice can be very relaxing. And walking is a good alternative to running.

Speaking of walking I did go on one today. I have been on several while I've been here but on this particular walk I managed to take my camera with me and I took a few shots. Walking along the countryside is very different than walking in a big city or along a road by the beach.
The sounds of the birds singing, the nice flowing breeze and the warm heat from the sun are all things that make walking in the countryside very enjoyable. It's very peaceful.

 These were taken once I had reached the top of the hill I had to climb up. It took a lot of effort to get up there but it was definitely worth it for these pictures.


When the group I went with had stopped for lunch I managed to catch a few shots of these beautiful flowers.


So those a few tips that I have come up with. I'm hoping they were useful. Let me know.
Also what tips do you have for keeping healthy? I'd love to hear from you.

Until next time,

Aimee. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top