Riding Through The Forest


Today was the day that I finally went back to the stables and returned to my longer volunteering hours. And I have to say that I really enjoyed it. I always start with feeding the horses which is quite easy to do. It basically consists of mixing the feed and grabbing a haystack or two then going out to give the horses their food. After I do that I usually go and collect some horses then bring them back into the stable area to give them a clean and brush down.
I did something different after I helped clean some of the horses today, I cleaned up tack. And by that I mean I washed the saddles with water and the stirrups with water and wax. I got about three done before I was told that I could take my lunch break.

After finishing a delicious lunch I was told that I could go on a hack. I had never done a hack before so I didn't know exactly what to expect. But I had a slight idea and that idea turned out to be correct. All a hack was, was doing some trail walking on your horse. Which I have to admit was really fun. I got to do some trotting and some walking all on a horse I had never ridden before. The horse I rode was named Twiggy and I really wish I had gotten some pictures of her because she was really a pretty horse. I went on a hack through a forest and across some fields. Unfortunately the whole time I was on the hack I had to pee... so yeah, that was an unpleasant experience. Especially with the trotting.

After the hack I came back to the stables and cleaned and watered Twiggy. And the returned her to her field.

Being back at the stables is great and I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow. I love helping people out and when an activity is involved that I love then it's a double bonus.

Until next time,

Aimee. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top