Eleanor & Park | Book Review

source
Hello!

So today's post is going to be a bit different from some of the posts I've written before, because today's post is going to be a book review. I don't think I've ever written a book review before but it is something that I have wanted to do for a while. I love reading and books in general as they are such simple yet very entertaining objects. I will also be starting to review books on my YouTube channel as well... but more on that later. :)





OK. Well... Where to start? I guess the beginning would be a good place... So let's start the there..

The book that I will be reviewing today is called Eleanor & Park, but you probably already knew that because of the title of this post. This book is written by Rainbow Rowell and the genre is Young-adult fiction with a touch of very light romance.

This story focuses on two main characters, Eleanor and Park and switches between both of their point of views throughout the story.

Eleanor is very quite different from many of the protagonists that you may read about in story's. She has very red curly hair and is a bit larger than other girls, although throughout the story it's never really stated exactly how large she is, I suppose it's up to your interpretation. Eleanor also has a very unique dress sense, but I won't go into details as I don't want to ruin the story for you if you haven't already read it.

Park is your, almost, typical boy. He's different in the way that he... I'm not sure quite how to describe it really... I'm just going to go with the fact that he's the kind of person to think before he speaks. He's quite smart and has good heart.


Here is my copy of the book. (Back & front) 
 The story follows the pairs relationship and very different lifestyles. It's a bumpy and exciting journey but it sure is a good one.

I really enjoyed reading this book as Eleanor reminded myself of me a bit. I find it's always nice when you can relate to at least one character in a story. I also found this book to be very exciting and I could hardly put it down.

True Fact: I stayed up until 3:30 one morning reading it. That's how good I thought it was.

This book is one that I wouldn't recommend to younger readers as it does contain some naughty words but if you feel like you are quite mature for your age then I would say give it a go. It's ultimately up to you though.

If your looking for a nice light-hearted and easy to read novel then I would definitely pick up a copy of this book. Because it will be well worth your time. :)

I hope you enjoyed this review! My main goal was to make it spoiler free and hopefully I did just that. :)

If you'd like to see more book reviews from me then let me know down below! I'll probably do more anyway but it's nice to know that people like them if I do write more. :)

Thanks for reading and I hope to see you back here again soon,

8 comments:

  1. This book sounds lovely thank you for the recommendation
    www.misslaurenmorgan.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a great read, not quite sure if I did it justice though with my review. I'm hoping I did. Definitely check it out if you're thinking about it. :)

      Delete
  2. This book sounds great I really want to read it now :) Thanks for sharing xx

    www.anacelinelabod.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course! I loved reading this book. It's a wonderful story and is definitely one of my favorites at the moment.

      Delete
  3. You made me want to read it!
    http://www.silkypearl.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I hope you do give it a go as it really is quite a great read. :)

      Delete
  4. Just came over from my blog to tell you I loved your blog, it's very pretty!!

    Loved your review on this book! Hope you write more book reviews in the future :)

    Michelle | sunshinegold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You're blog is amazing too!

      I look forward to reading more of your blog posts. :)

      Delete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top