If At First You Don't Succeed Try Try Again

source

Hello!

So today's post is going to hopefully be an inspiring one. As I felt like mixing it up on my blog today. So here I go! Also I know that the image above doesn't' really have anything to do with what I'm talking about but I thought it was nice, so I decided to use it. :)





My last blog post I wrote was about a play that I was auditioning for called Into the Woods. A play that I love most dearly. As well as talking a bit about the play I also talked about my nerves and the tension I felt not knowing about whether or not I got a part because of my audition.

And as much as I wish I could sit here at this computer and type of the words I got the part of Little Red Riding Hood, I can't. Because I haven't. And that's OK.

However, I will admit I was really upset on the day of callbacks when I realized I wasn't going to receive a call. I had been waiting patiently all day and of course nothing came through. It was kind of disappointing.

Why? You may be asking.. (and if you're not asking that then... well.... I'm just going to tell you anyway... :) )

Well you see I had be preparing for the auditions for that role/play during the last few months of last year. I decided to pick up singing lessons so that at the auditions I wouldn't be a flunk and fail. Unfortunately that's kind of what happened. As some parts of my audition were pretty good, like my song and hitting some of the lower notes, and some parts were not so great, I won't go into those.

The thing is that you can practice and practice and practice your singing or your acting skills and get better with them in no time. But nothing can prepare you for how nervous you may be at audition. I mean, yes you can keep going to auditions and auditioning for things trying to get over your nerves but it's definitely not as easy to get over your nerves as it is to get better at acting or singing. You definitely can do it... but it will take a bit more time for some people rather than others. The same goes for many other things, like sports, cooking, or learning a language. They all take time and patience.

Anyway, the point I'm trying to make here is you may be good at something but you still may not get into whatever you're aiming for. I know this from past experiences and also from my latest audition for Into the Woods.

The reason I know this is because two days after my audition I had my singing lessons. During that time I went over everything that I was supposed to do at my audition, all the technical stuff, and to my amazement I did everything really well. Which leads me to believe that nerves got in the way of my audition. Getting up on stage, I knew I could sing my song, I knew I could repeat and hit those notes, I knew I could do a good job. And yet here I am.
Which is annoying to know but also very handy, because with the time I have now I can practice what I know I need to work on.

I guess if you're going to take away anything from this post I hope it's the fact that even though you know you are good at something or know you can do something don't assume that you've got an automatic in. Always be prepared, always do your best, and always practice, practice, practice. And if you don't get what your aiming for then don't be disappointed, look on the bright side and think about what you can take away from your experience, learn from it, and stay positive!

And with that I leave you with some quotes, which I really like...

source

source



source


Thanks for reading my blog and I hope to see you back here again soon!

Take care,

5 comments:

  1. Great post!!

    www.brooklynglam.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope I accomplished my goal of it being inspiring or at least somewhat inspiring. :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! thanks for sharing, this is super fun to read. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes! I'd love to help out a fellow blogger. :)

      Delete
  3. It's so important to remember that a bump in the road is just going to make you stronger and that other things are ahead of you, never give up! Great post!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top