My Nintendo 3DS: Review & Thoughts

source


Hello!

In todays post I wanted to do something a bit different and geek out a little bit. You probably don't know this, and that's probably because I haven't mentioned it before, but I am a but of a gadget girl. I love my electronics and gaming devices. Which is why I have decided to start talking about why and what gadgets I own here on my blog in the hope that I can find other people who share my passion for gaming and fun gadgets.

So without further ado, let me talk to you about my New Nintendo Galaxy 3ds XL... that's a bit of a mouthful, isn't it?



(Disclaimer: This post is not sponsored by Nintendo. I just really love my 3DS and thought I would talk about why.)


The first thing I want to talk about is the outer design of this 3DS. If you don't know, I love anything that is galaxy themed. All of my devices have galaxy cases, apart from my phone. So anything to do with the galaxy is of great interest to me. Which is also probably why I love this 3DS. As you can see in the picture above, my 3DS is protected by a see through gold Pikachu case. I have this case on my device to protect my devices design. In the past I have owned DS' and without a case they have become scratched and damaged quite quickly. So I didn't want the same thing to happen to my new one. However, with or without the case the design on this DS model looks incredible. It's got a gorgeous shine to it and the colors are deep and beautiful.


This is the back of my 3DS, which in my opinion, is a bit less exciting. As all it is is a dark purple color. However, it still has a wonderful shine to it.


This is what my device looks like from the inside. As you can see there are some different feature from older models that are included on this device. Such as the new position of the volume slider, which is now on the top of the 3DS. The stylus holder is now on the bottom instead of the side, the game insert is now on the bottom instead of the back, and there is a new, smaller, control pad. Which, to be honest I don't use very often if at all.


And this is a picture of my device when it is turned on. As you can see I do love my Animal Crossing. Also, just a note, the brightness of my device was not turned up all the way, so this isn't the best representation of the display of the 3DS.

So, now let's get on to why I love this device and a few things I don't necessarily like about it....

One of the things that I really like about this device is the size. This may be the XL version but it's not super heavy and it's not too big either. It fits nicely in my bag and is completely portable. I also like how long the battery lasts. It's perfect for on the go gaming. One thing that I very much appreciate is the repositioning of the volume slider. With my older versions I would often knock the slider when I was playing games. The display on this device isn't half bad either. This device is also quite sturdy and feels very well made.

I would say the only couple of things I'm not fond of on this device is the 3D feature, which I don't use very often, and when I do it sometimes gives me migraines. And the fact that it takes a little while to charge. But those are both very minor things.

Overall I am very fond of this device and would recommend it to any galaxy lover out there! However, if you're looking for a device that doesn't have the 3D feature the new 2DS that's coming out soon might be a good idea.

Do you have a DS as well? If so, which one? And do you enjoy using yours just as much as I do with mine? Let me know in the comments area!

Thank you so much for reading todays post! And I hope to see you back here again soon.

Byeee... for now!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment! Growing up, I used to love games and gadgets but my interest slowly faded away. I am more into my social media now and stuck to my laptop and phone! The new nintendo 3ds XL does sound cool as! Maybe if I come across someone who has it, I'll give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice sharing :) This is one of my favorite posts that you've done. Edward Gelber, M.D., Board-Certified Child Psychiatrist

    ReplyDelete

Follow @ Instagram

Back to Top